Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Saturday Night Signage

Tuesday, June 6, 2006
0 comments
I went to see my friend Vinnie's band on Saturday night at a new music venue on the west side of Marietta. This place, formerly known (and feared) as The Cliffside Carryout, is now called Outskirts. New name, major internal upgrades, or so I had heard....

Reading this sign on the front door did not increase my anticipation for what awaited me inside Outskirts.


But all was fine. The place is nice. Clean even! The band, Vinnie and The Lubricators, sounded great and I charged the stage to sing pretty all-right version of a John Mooney tune, "Move to Louisiana." My fave line from this song is..."One of these days I ain't gonna work no more.... Pack my things, head on down the road..."

Not sure if I'll book The Swinging Orangutangs into Outskirts. After all, we like to start LOTS of fights when we play.

0 comments:


[BACK TO TOP]