Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Catching Up

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
2 comments
Pillar of Venus. This image has nothing to do with today's post, but I like it. Photograph by Rondeau Ric McArthur

Catching up with everything today (and trying not to catch a cold), I've been visiting a few other blogs to catch up with my buddies. Here are a few that rang the chimes for me:

  • Jim McCormac's Costa Rica adventures as posted on the Ohio Ornithological Society's website. Dig all those tanager photos!

In other news, I received my new Canon digital camera today. Digiscoping again at last!
Here's a question: Why do the camera companies send, with new cameras, an internal data disk that only holds about 10 photos? Could it be that they want you to buy a larger disk? It's like selling a car with only 2 tires.

Looks like I'll need to cache up after I'm done catching up.

2 comments:

On February 15, 2006 at 11:21 PM Phil said...

I just bought a new Canon as well (the S2 IS). I was driven to by jealousy of the Dharma Bums' zoom shots.

The camera companies, I think, skimp on the accoutrement in order to achieve a targeted price point. Almost no one buys the accessories, like batteries, case and 1gb memory cards, from the camera manufacturer.

Look forward to your photos!

On February 16, 2006 at 12:22 AM Bill of the Birds said...

Oh man, Those Bums got GREAT bobcat shots. Whoa! I'm having zoom envy, too. Hoping to do some digiscoping tomorrow if the weather cooperates.


[BACK TO TOP]