Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Caption Contest #16 Winner!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010
2 comments

"It's been four hours...somebody call a doctor!"

Our winner of Caption Contest #16 is Alan Pulley, who blogs here at Birds 'N Such. Congrats Alan! Your lens cloth will be shipped out shortly!


Other notable entries include: Chris Harbard who said...
The lure for the Worm-eating Warbler should attract them from miles away!

Though he swore it wasn't a caption, I loved this one from cyberthrush:
I hope I die one day just like my dear old grandaddy, quickly and peacefully in my sleep... and not screaming hysterically like the 25 passengers of the bus he was driving at the time.

Jason, from OpposableChums said...All entreaties in hopes of convincing Lorenzo to leave his baguette at home for the trip to sit amongst the Silver-back gorillas were sadly fruitless, and with regrettably gruesome consequences.

Janet Creamer said..."Well, I was told Bill will show us more warblers than you can shake a stick at."

bpadgett said... I *said*, "Speak SOFTLY!!"

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiastic participation. I wish I had participation ribbons for all of you because you're ALL winners in my book (which just came out, by the way!). [smooth, huh?]

For the record, the be-hatted guy with the walking stick in the front of the shot is Scott, a regular at the New River Birding Festival. He hand-makes those walking sticks and they are really functional works of art.

2 comments:

On September 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM Jason Kessler said...

Call me overworked or naive, but at first I didn't get the winning caption.

Explosive guffaw of recognition greatly appreciated!

On September 15, 2010 at 9:36 AM Heather said...

Oh that's just wrong. Terribly funny, but wrong! I guess there's a reason why there's a smirk on that gentleman's face, ;) Haha!


[BACK TO TOP]