Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer Nature Video Highlights

Monday, September 13, 2010
9 comments


This summer I've spent a bit of time shooting high-definition video. I am a rank beginner and learning as I go, but it's been an incredibly fun new hobby.

So here is a handful of five-second snippets from the hours of video I've shot (most of which is undeniably deletable). I am saving a few choice clips for later sharing here and elsewhere, though it's tempting to let it all out at once.

I think my dream job would be to be the person who gets to film those "Charles Kuralt nature moments." No voice over, no on-screen graphics—just the imagery and natural sounds of some amazing phenomena: birds, animals, plants, or landscape. I remember his segments so clearly from the CBS Sunday Morning television show.

I hope you like my little montage of clips. There's lots more to come. Thanks for watching.

9 comments:

On September 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM littleorangeguy said...

Is it just me, or do those rapids appear to be flowing up?

Great footage. Wish we had high def for the murmuration we saw on Cape Cod.

On September 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM Anonymous said...

I love what you've filmed so far. Keep going.
Lynda in Michigan.

On September 13, 2010 at 7:23 PM Bill of the Birds said...

L-O-G, yes I made the clip run backwards, just to see if anyone would notice. Sho nuff, someone did!

On September 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM Anne said...

littleorangeguy....I was thinking that exact same thing, but didn't want to say anything...

Glad you said it!

IN any case, I LOVED the video clips, Bill, and can't wait to see more.

On September 13, 2010 at 11:17 PM Birding is Fun! said...

Wow! That is so cool. I was wondering how your Pileated Nest and blind was working out.

On September 14, 2010 at 8:17 AM TR Ryan said...

Hey! The waterfall is flowing uphill!

On September 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM Rondeau Ric said...

I noticed the falls going backwards.
Good wagon wheel effect.

On September 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM Julie Zickefoose said...

This is delicious, B. I'm as impressed by the swelling chorus of bug music as much as the visuals. It's amazing what insect song adds to an experience.
I saw the falls running backwards and instantly chalked it up to... well, you.

On September 16, 2010 at 9:34 PM Laraine said...

My favorite was the butterflies pumping their wings in unison. Looking forward to more!


[BACK TO TOP]