Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Birding the Confluence

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Remember those 70's T-shirts that said "My mamaw went to Disney World and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"? Well I took my lunch at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers today at noonish and all I saw was this lousy American crow. And a couple dozen nonmigratory Canada geese. I expected a bufflehead or a pied-billed grebe, a great blue heron, or at least a mallard of questionable parentage.

There are days when the confluence has a nice mix of birds, especially in winter when the watercraft traffic is non-existent. Maybe next visit. Still no local reports of bald eagles. Guess we'll have to wait for Lake Erie to freeze before "our" birds will come south.


On December 5, 2005 at 1:34 PM Rondeau Ric said...

On Dec 4 we had an immature bald eagle cruise by the house a t 9.00 am.
At 4.00 pm a mature bald eagle roosted in a tree 300 feet from the window.
I think I prefer open water on Lake Erie.

Rondeau Ric

On March 6, 2007 at 10:25 PM Celia Dávila said...

Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica ,
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: