Sunday, October 14, 2007

Big Sit Update #3

Sunday, October 14, 2007
6 comments
Sorry no photo with this post. There's no time.
We've tied the record of 65 species, but only have two hours daylight left to break it, by seeing species number 66.

Among the birds we could see to break it:
eastern phoebe, great blue heron, killdeer, Lincoln's sparrow, common yellowthroat, wood duck, peregrine falcon, merlin, Andean cock-of-the-rock...

If one of these birds is in your yard, please shoo it toward southeastern Ohio. Our future happiness and sense of accomplishment depends on it.

6 comments:

On October 14, 2007 at 5:12 PM Trixie said...

Go Sitters, Go!

On October 14, 2007 at 6:53 PM KatDoc said...

I did see an Andean cock-of-the-rock in my backyard this afternoon, but it was heading west. Sorry.

No phoebes yet? I thought you asked the one last week to stick around. I guess you can't you count the resident Red-headed Phoebe, can you?

[still chanting Sixty-SIX, sixty-SIX, sixty-SIX]

~Kathi, who had her FOS White-crowned Sparrow today

On October 15, 2007 at 9:55 AM Anonymous said...

OK We're dying out here. What was the final count?

On October 15, 2007 at 10:03 AM Rondeau Ric said...

I'll huff and I'll puff and blow the butter butt and phoebe down to you. Of course this is Monday so it won't help.
Sorry dude.

RR

On October 15, 2007 at 12:43 PM Mary said...

Well? Update?

On October 15, 2007 at 2:52 PM Patrick Belardo said...

Woops. I sent my Andean Cock-of-the-Rock to Cape May by mistake. My bad. <-- My fiancee hates when I say that. Can't wait for the finale! I got 25 species from my quasi-"indoor" big sit. Has an indoor big sit ever been done?


[BACK TO TOP]