Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Adventures in Book Promotion

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
5 comments
I not only stand behind my books, I hide behind them. Photo by Phoebe Thompson

Julie and I did a book signing at Sugden's Bookstore on Front Street in Marietta, Ohio on Saturday. It was really an event created for Julie's new book, Letters From Eden, but the gals at Sugden's were kind enough to let me sit there with a pen and a pile of books, too. I sold a few copies of All Things Reconsidered and Bird Watching For Dummies and Ohio Bird Watching.

Zick, however, sold out of her book and took advance orders on the next shipment. All told she moved about 100 copies, which totally rocks.

I spent my time keeping Julie's side of the table stocked with books, chatting up the folks in line, and wrangling kids. We managed to spill hot chocolate on just two copies of Letters From Eden, which for us is a record low amount of book destruction.

It was a nice time in historic downtown Marietta, which is all dressed up for the holidays. It felt good to sell books through a locally owned bookstore.

It's not too late for you holiday procrastinators out there. You can still order autographed (or pristine and untainted) copies of any of my books by calling BWD at 800-879-2473, or by visiting our online store. Julie's book and artwork are available on her site.

Or, if you can get to Marietta, Ohio, buy your copies at Sugden's on Front Street!

5 comments:

On December 12, 2006 at 6:41 PM Rondeau Ric said...

Warning: this post is cruel and usual considering the poster. Crushed feelings, humiliation, mockery and sarcasm are a few of the services this poster offers.

BOTB, you and Rudolf have something in common – you can’t hide; you both have shinny spots that reflect light.

JZ, congratulations on the sell out. That doesn’t sound quiet the way I meant. I’m glad I got a 1st edition.

RR

On December 12, 2006 at 6:43 PM Rondeau Ric said...

It would be quite nice if I kud spel adn type.

On December 12, 2006 at 8:55 PM Anonymous said...

Hey Bill-
You can sit in on Julie's signing at Mohican Wildlife Weekend too! I mean, we would take all comers- even McCormac! "Weedpicker" Cheryl

On December 12, 2006 at 10:33 PM Susan Gets Native said...

Is there an extra charge for the hot chocolate stains?

Sell out! Whoot!

On December 15, 2006 at 3:21 PM Patrick Belardo said...

Oh man, Susan stole my joke!


[BACK TO TOP]