Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Song in My Head

Thursday, August 17, 2006
6 comments
Next To You
by Tim Easton
from his album "Ammunition"
on New West Records


I love this song. And it's captured the radio station in my head and is controlling the broadcast!
This song comes from a CD of music that comes with my subscription to (the higly recommended) Paste magazine.

Tim Easton hails from Cleveland, OH home of good music, the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, and great birding. The martins above are from Chautauqua where our family just enjoyed a lovely, peaceful week.

"Next To You" is smooth and features easy acoustic guitar, drums (with brushes) and harmonica. The same instrumentation that made Neil Young's Harvest album so wonderful.

And the lyrics are as evocative as the arrangement is simple. This song is a balm for a day when my seas are roiled. Might have to add this one to the Orangutangs' playlist.

Let me be next to you
I want to understand

Let me be next to you
then we can watch the band

Let me be next to you
under your ceiling fan

I can hear every note better
when I'm next to you.




6 comments:

On August 17, 2006 at 10:55 AM Anonymous said...

BOTB:
I really love that song, too, and dig Paste Magazine for its taste in music.

Please keep sharing the Songs in Your Head. Gives me a reason to check out some of the artists you recommend.

--ann ominous

On August 18, 2006 at 12:26 PM Doc said...

Bill,

I have a question for you. Why do you use a digiscope for taking pictures of birds as opposed to a telephoto lens on a SLR digital camera?

On August 18, 2006 at 1:50 PM Bill of the Birds said...

Doc:

Because I already had a scope and my digital camera cost me $200.

The Canon 30D set up I want is several thousand dollars more than that.

Besides, one cannot both be birding and tkaing serious photographs, but you can bird and digiscope.

i am sure that ONE DAY I will surrender to the void and buy a real camera.

On February 11, 2007 at 12:38 PM myst said...

This song was recently used in the ending sequence of a 'Bones' episode entitled "Aliens in a Spaceship".

On August 5, 2008 at 12:10 AM Anonymous said...

just heard this song at the end of Bones and looked it up on line. very cool...finding out that a lot of the music played in tv shows are from extremely enjoyable artists...

On April 25, 2022 at 6:16 AM Emily said...

गाना रिंगटोन डाउनलोड एक साइट है जो मुफ्त mp3 रिंगटोन प्रदान करती है। यहां गाने लगातार रोजाना अपडेट होते रहते हैं।


[BACK TO TOP]