Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Recent Happenings

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
2 comments

Our buddy Jason Larson came to visit us at Indigo Hill. But he got lost en route, and arrived so much later than expected that we made him stay overnight. For the record, he's a domestic wonder--does dishes AND shows up bearing gift bags of food and wine. In the photo above Jason is eating some smelly cheese that Julie has given him. And he is holding forth on being SE Ohio's most gifted birder named Jason. After dark he illuminated our brains on the visible consellations in the inky-black sky. Most cool, JL!

This was my heartfelt and scary tribute to Chet Baker. I missed my little black, four-legged son so much that each day he was gone I would hang another one of his stuffed animal victims on our driveway ash tree. I think I was hoping to conjure Chet back home. It worked. Chet is back home and completely recovered.

I now have a cable-TV show called "The Boston Terrier Whisperer." On the show I am referred to as Dr. Bill. My head is shaved bald and I have a cookie duster on my upper lip. Weeknights at 3 am.

It's been an exhausting week (and it's only Wednesday night!) so Zick and I re-center ourselves each night by sitting out until dark. Here is JZ in her element with a nice Merlot (murr-lott), a cool evening breeze, lots of birds, and Chet lying across her feet. Perfection.

Here comes the bus! Phoebe and Liam await the first of several hundred dusty arrivals of bus 28 for this school year. The bus is driven by our dear friend Sue. Liam asked Sue if he could move away from the cuss words that some boy was saying in Row 5. Sue, the beacon of patience, said "Liam, honey, you can sit wherever you like!" We ALL love Sue. Especially Chet Baker, who leaps aboard the bus each morning to lick Sue's face.

Like I said, we ALL love Sue.

2 comments:

On August 24, 2006 at 9:03 AM Rondeau Ric said...

Great mojo tree.

On August 24, 2006 at 11:41 AM Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

My kids start back to school the day after Labor Day. Your last photo put a lump in my throat- all shiney hair and new clothes!


[BACK TO TOP]