Sunday, October 12, 2008

Big Sit 2008. Post #6

Sunday, October 12, 2008
2 comments
OK. The GHOs can shut up now. They're probably inhibiting the barred owls from calling....

Now a baby GHO is calling. It sounds hungry!

Being exposed up here in the tower I'm glad I'm not wearing my skunk-fur hat. GHOs love eating skunks.

Time for the sandhill cranes to fly over garoooing.

Other sounds: the loud report of a poacher's gun, someone backing up a truck miles away, an opossum on the compost pile, the rustle of dry autumn leaves, me typing, more gunshots from another direction, the peregrinations of my mind and the rumbling of my stomach asking for Cheetos.

2 comments:

On October 12, 2008 at 2:34 AM entoto said...

alright...are you just trying to make me even MORE envious! Gee, I wish we were there. Thanks for the reports.

On October 12, 2008 at 7:29 AM Kathi said...

baby GHO? Isn't this either very, very early or extremely late?

cheetos already?


[BACK TO TOP]