Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eating Worms

Tuesday, May 20, 2008
3 comments
Did you ever wonder if this particular species of wood warbler sings that sad-sack nursery rhyme to itself?

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
think I'll go eat worms



I took this picture on Saturday morning while leading the Hemlock Gorge Overlook field trip at the Ohio Ornithological Society convention at Mohican State Park. He was by far the most cooperative member of his species I'd ever encountered. And he wasn't feeling sorry for himself in the least.

3 comments:

On May 20, 2008 at 4:34 PM Anonymous said...

Ha Ha I get it! worm-eating warbler!
dude, you crazy!
becca-nyc

On May 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM dguzman said...

Wow, great photo! I've only ever heard them, never seen them.

On May 21, 2008 at 5:21 PM Bill of the Birds said...

DGuz: They often perch higher than you think to sing, when on territory.


[BACK TO TOP]