Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mere Hours from Sitting

Saturday, October 13, 2007
4 comments

Spent all day getting things ready for The Big Sit. Filling feeders, mowing the paths, lugging the full and heavy cooler, cleaning optics, charging iPod, laying out cold weather coats (it's going to be in the 30s tonight). I feel I am ready at last.

I'll head up to the tower at midnight to get the Sit started. If the birds are moving, I'll stay up there. If not, I'll tally what I can and head back down for a few more hours of shut eye. Then I'll head back up to get the pre-dawn action, about 4:30. Then I'll be huffing coffee.

There are some large clouds passing tonight. Tomorrow promises to be sunny and cool. I would not mind a few big puffy clouds for the soaring birds to show up against. Solid blue is not the best sky for a Big Sit. The black dots that are soaring birds, or high-flying migrants, get lost against the blueness.

More soon....

4 comments:

On October 13, 2007 at 8:18 PM Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so envious! I hope it is a glorious day for everyone. Can't wait for the great bird shots.

On October 13, 2007 at 10:05 PM Anonymous said...

You forgot the exclamation point. The proper name is The Big Sit!

8-)

Picker of nits from CT
(& NHBC where the exclamation point came from).

On October 14, 2007 at 1:25 AM Bill of the Birds said...

OK NP from CT, I'll insert extra exclamations pts when we break our record for The Big Sit!!!

Good luck with your Sit!

On October 14, 2007 at 11:07 PM Mary said...

Your preparation is contagious! Coffee is a must!


[BACK TO TOP]