Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Song in My Head

Saturday, April 22, 2006
3 comments
On this rainy Saturday, while marooned in a hotel room in Canton, Ohio, the song in my head is:
Heartbeats
by Jose Gonzalez
on his "Veneer" album.

I first heard this lovely song in a commercial for Sony, a link to which was sent to me by my music-obsessed pal Zane. The commercial is worth seeing.

Heartbeats was not written by Gonzalez. He covers it. The original performer was a Swedish band called The Knife. Have not heard their version--not sure I want to.

This song enters my head because it is so artfully, hauntingly beautiful, even without the incredible visual of the colorful bouncing balls in the ad. This winter and spring my "headsongs" have mostly been melodic, soft, acoustic. Am feeling that may soon change, but one never knows, now, does one?

I took this image of the waxing moon from our meadow. It seemed to fit the mood of the song, and the music currently in my head.

3 comments:

On April 22, 2006 at 12:18 PM Dawn said...

lots of songs for your head

http://pandora.com/

you will love it!

On April 22, 2006 at 11:40 PM Bill of the Birds said...

love Pandora, Dawn! Just started listening to it last month and it's already made me buy music from 3 bands I'd never herad of but really dig.

On April 23, 2006 at 6:40 PM Laura K said...

i dig this song, BT3!

But jack loves that scatological song you sometimes play.


[BACK TO TOP]