Thursday, March 16, 2006

I Should Have Gnome

Thursday, March 16, 2006
1 comments
Canada, in the interest of its own national security, has posted a series of welcoming border gnomes at key crossing points along the border with the United States.

Clearly these gnomes are being used as part of a national Shock and Awe campaign against Canada's more southerly neighbor. And speaking strictly for myself, the campaign is a major success. I have cancelled all of my trips to Canada to buy prescription drugs (though I may still mailorder some birding steroids--the ones that help you become an expert at nocturnal flight calls of migrants in just one week).

Good birding to all my friends, to all my supposed friends, and especially to all of my imaginary friends, particularly to my imaginary Canadian friends. Long may you run, eh?

Special thanks, as ever, to Rondeau Ric McArthur for this image of the stalwart Canuck Gnome. I should have gnome....

1 comments:

On March 17, 2006 at 8:52 AM Rondeau Ric said...

BT3
My sister fessed up, this wee fellow is 25 feet tall!


[BACK TO TOP]