Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
10 comments

Some images of winter birds, winter colors, and winter scenes to go along with my best holiday wishes to all of you: the readers, comment-makers, and friends who stop by Bill of the Birds. Heck I'll even send along a happy holidays to the blog spammers from the Far East—clearly my posts mean a lot to them, too.


I'll be otherwise occupied through the end of the year: enjoying some family time, working on a book manuscript, trying to reconnect with our farm in its winter mode, and of course watching birds. I hope to be back to my regular blogging schedule in 2010, but I hope you know (and can understand) that I may not be an everyday poster.


Am I burned out? Not really. This could just be a hangover from the bad experience I had last night watching the movie "Julie and Julia" which, IMHO, made blogging seem like one of the planet's more insipid pursuits. But I digress...


What I love about having Bill of the Birds is that it allows me to [attempt to] write creatively. My goal is to balance the need to post daily with my in-born editor's sense of only posting what's worth writing AND worth reading. Because we all have days when we really having nothing to say, right?

But that's a conundrum for another day, another year. Right now it's time to write the captions on the next issue of Bird Watcher's Digest, then out the door for some last minute shopping. I will endeavor to stop several times during this holiday season to count my blessings, among which you all figure prominently.


Happy and merry and peace!

Bill of the Birds

10 comments:

On December 23, 2009 at 4:06 PM Great Sales Today said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
On December 23, 2009 at 4:07 PM Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you, too, BOTB. Always love reading your entries here.

Jane S.

On December 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you and all of yours as well Bill. May the new year bring your many blessings and much happiness.

On December 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM Dave said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you get lots of good birds in the New Year!

On December 23, 2009 at 11:48 PM Anonymous said...

Love those winter cardinals. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Bill of the Birds.

On December 24, 2009 at 5:27 AM cyberthrush said...

It's funny how every now and then while blogging, or reading a blog (or dare I even mention Twittering), I too suddenly think how insipid this all is in the grand scheme of things; yet it seems to be the future, and one feels obligated to take part...
Anyway, Happy Holidays to the whole Whipple clan.

On December 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM Anonymous said...

You and yours have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.
From Lynda, a loyal reader.

On December 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM Julie Zickefoose said...

I prescribe some woodswalks on your much-deserved break. I know someone who will go along.

On December 30, 2009 at 8:48 AM Heather said...

Ooof, Julie and Julia really did a number on you guys, didn't it? Meryl was the best reason to see that movie, hands down. Forget about Julie - it's all about Julia! Anyhoo, Happy Hollydays to all you Indigo Hillers. Look forward to seeing you at the Wilds next month!

On January 2, 2010 at 6:00 AM rajans said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

[BACK TO TOP]