Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thinking About Summer

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'd like to
call back Summertime
and have her stay
for just another
month or so

—Tom Rush
Urge for Going


On January 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM Dave Lewis said...

Summertime...and the livin's easy...
George and Ira

On January 10, 2009 at 9:39 PM BLRem said...

Ahh.....for a moment your lovely poem made me feel the warmth of the summer sun. I loved the photo with it, simplicity at its best.

Yah, now back to reality.....windchill 6 F and my driveway an ice rink. BRRRRRRR! Thanks for the moment - it was nice while it lasted!

On January 10, 2009 at 9:46 PM Julie Zickefoose said...

Much as I love Tom Rush, Joni Mitchell gets the credit for that lyric. It's one of the few cover tunes Tom Rush did.
I miss our hummingbirds!! Boo hoo!

On January 10, 2009 at 10:20 PM KatDoc said...

C'mon, Bill, don't tease me with memories of summer. I am trying to get psyched up for winter weather at the Wilds; they are predicting a high of 10 degrees with 30% chance of snow. And, we know how windy it is there.

Brrr! I think I feel the 'flu coming on!

~Kathi, warming herself with thoughts of rare raptors

On January 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM Mary said...

Oh, yes. I feel it, too. Hummingbirds have been gone for too long.

On January 11, 2009 at 11:12 PM Mel said...

I'll send some sunshine from this side of the world!
Summer time in Peru!