Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 15 years later

Thursday, September 11, 2008
12 comments
Most people associate September 11 with the terrorist attacks on the United States. I have something additional with which to associate this date: the anniversary of the day I got married. Today's post is a small tribute to the gal who was with me that day, way back in 1993.


Happy 15th Anniversary to Julie! It seems like only yesterday that we were enjoying our pig roast wedding reception right here at Indigo Hill.

Lord only knows how you've hung on this long!

After all...you've had to:

...raise helpless wildlife such as this phoebe, and this Liam.

You've endured trips to many, balmy, exotic locales...

where you've met many interesting people and creatures.

You've put up with me and my drinkin' buddies.

You've been forced to play gigs with Fredo from The Godfather.

You have "sweated to the oldies" right along side me.


You have been a great Mom to our (mostly) happy kids...
and especially to our youngest, adopted child, Chet Baker (who has your eyes).

Thanks for being my fellow traveler these past 15 years, Zick.

12 comments:

On September 11, 2008 at 4:03 PM Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. She's a lucky lady and you're a lucky guy.
Happy Anniversary !!!

On September 11, 2008 at 4:57 PM Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We will raise our glasses in your honor this evening. I have a bunch of photos from your wedding, among other things, that I found at Poly's. I have plans to get them in the mail to you one day soon. Have a great trip to Iowa and while you're there, hark back to the good old days, when we were young and goofy and smaller! May you have many, many more birdy years together!

Juli

On September 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM Kathi said...

Awww, how sweet!

~K

On September 11, 2008 at 6:37 PM possumlady said...

Happy Anniversary to one dynamic duo!!

On September 12, 2008 at 2:16 AM Robby said...

Bill,
Your latest post is funny and sweet and is similar to what my wife has to go through. You see, I have this obsession with snakes and nature about like you do. She has recently convinced me to start a blog and take pictures of the snakes I find. Check it out http://snakeadventures.blogspot.com and if you like it, can we exchange links? Will you let me know what you think?
Thanks,
Robby in Highland, Utah robbyssnakeadventures@gmail.com

On September 12, 2008 at 6:21 AM Jayne said...

Awwww.... a belated Happy Anniversary to the two of you.

On September 12, 2008 at 7:57 AM pineyflatwoodsgirl said...

Happy Anniversary but I can't get onto Julie's blog and I am in withdrawal. I need help! Any suggestions?

On September 12, 2008 at 10:25 AM Julie Zickefoose said...

Hi Pineyflatwoodsgirl,

Try going up under your browser toolbar and telling it to clear your cache and cookies. In Safari, it's under the "Safari" heading and it will say "Empty Cache." That gets rid of old versions of pages. I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a try. Anyone else having trouble?

Julie

On September 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM Rondeau Ric said...

Lots of things to say, none of which would come out right in writing.
So, congratulations and I hope you have many more good years together.
Ric

On September 12, 2008 at 2:05 PM entoto said...

Happy Anniversary!

On September 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM Renee Thompson said...

Bill, this is kind of funny. I bookmarked your sight about a week ago after searching for birders' blogs. Just looked at it today, and see we have much in common: My last name is also Thompson; we've selected the same blogspot template; I wrote an article for BWD several years ago ("Tagging Canvasbacks") and my own wedding anniversary is Sept. 8 (happy anniversary, by the way!). I'll definitely keep an eye on your blog -- love what I see so far.

On September 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM Mary said...

Sweetest anniversary message...

Almost happy kids - LOL!

I'm late to the party, as usual, but

Happy Anniversary.


[BACK TO TOP]