Sunday, February 25, 2007

Running on Empty

Sunday, February 25, 2007
Sorry, friends, for the cobwebs gathering on the Bill of the Birds blog. Due to travel commitments, weather complications, spotty Internet access, and a surplus of sloth and inertia, I have not been able to post here for several days.

We're JUST back from the Ohio Ornithological Society's Owl Symposium in Oxford, Ohio and I have some stories and images to share about it. But not tonight...for I hear the siren song of my pillow calling me to stagger away from the light and into the loving caress of darkest night.

I'll leave you, for now, with a photo of some happy birders on our Saturday afternoon field trip to The Big Woods, a remnant patch of old-growth deciduous forest at Hueston Woods State Park. We were scoping a barred owl roosting in a tree cavity.

¡Hasta ma├▒ana amigos y amigas!


On February 26, 2007 at 9:21 AM mon@rch said...

We understand! Rest up and can't wait for some of those stories!

On February 26, 2007 at 10:36 PM Susan Gets Native said...

You didn't take any pictures????
You WERE a busy guy on Saturday. I honestly don't know how you and J do it.