Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back in School

Thursday, January 26, 2006
2 comments
I visited Phoebe's 4th Grade class today to give a short presentation on the publishing business.

We had a little friendly wager, the class and I. I thought there was no way they could name 20 species of birds, giving the actual names. In other words, "sparrow" did not cut it. But field sparrow counts.

If they got 20 bird names right, I told them I'd put their picture on Bill of the Birds and take them all birding this spring on our farm. If they lost, they'd get another hour of me talking to them about publishing, WITH NO NAP TIME OR BATHROOM BREAKS!

With a little help from bird-brainiac Phoebe (who was supposed to be disqualified)the class scored 21 bird species, properly named.

So, since it was part of the deal, here's the class' photo. Look at those smug smiles!

2 comments:

On January 26, 2006 at 11:18 PM LauraHinNJ said...

Fourth graders rock!

On January 27, 2006 at 9:54 AM Rondeau Ric said...

Sounds like a win/win to me.


[BACK TO TOP]