Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleeping Godwits

Saturday, March 6, 2010
2 comments
Along the Pacific coast, near San Diego, my birding group ran across this flock of sleeping shorebirds. The flock was mostly marbled godwits with a few dowitchers and a willet thrown in.

Our group tallied 100 species in our Birds Along the Border field trip. If you've never attended the San Diego Bird Festival, take it from me, it's a good one! It's amazing how many birds you can find when you've got ocean, freshwater sloughs, mountains, desert, and lush spring vegetation all in abundance.

2 comments:

On March 9, 2010 at 11:11 AM Kay said...

Hi, Bill--I'm enjoying your blog. The picture of the sleeping Godwits caught my attention. One of my grandchildren once asked me "how do birds sleep?" and now I have a picture to show her! I also posted a picture today on my blog of some sleeping Brown Pelican on our river here in the Rio Grande Valley.

On March 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM Anonymous said...

zzzzzzz .......


[BACK TO TOP]