Friday, March 14, 2008

Bagging the B-day Bat Falcon

Friday, March 14, 2008
4 comments
My birthday bat falcon in Flores, Guatemala.

My amigo Jeff Bouton of Leica Sport Optics helped me break a three-year birding jinx by showing me a bat falcon in Flores, Guatemala on my recent birfday.

He recounts the adventure, and in vivid style, on the Leica Birding Blog and you can read it simply by clicking here.

I will be telling my own version of the same story here in BOTB in the coming days. But I wanted to give Jeff a shout-out for his birding generosity and kind words. Thanks JB!

Jeff Bouton of Leica Sport Optics is also a raptor ID expert.

4 comments:

On March 14, 2008 at 4:41 PM Jenbuster said...

What a great birthday present! Happy Birthday Bill! (from a longtime lurker)

On March 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM Bill of the Birds said...

jenbuster.

Thanks for the bday wishes. Lurk all you want!

BOTB

On March 14, 2008 at 11:23 PM Mary said...

Happy belated Birthday! Jeff did a fine job in your honor. Loved the ice cream cone pic :o)

On March 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM fieldguidetohummingbirds said...

Congrats on the Bat Falcon (one of my favorite raptors), and many happy returns!


[BACK TO TOP]