Monday, December 3, 2007

Reading the Clouds

Monday, December 3, 2007
6 comments


I've always been a watcher of the sky.

I'm fascinated by its ever-changing visage and by how one can read the clouds to predict what weather is to come.

One evening during our recent trip to New Mexico the clouds, wind, and sunset combined to create this scene above. I at once thought the pink clouds looked like a woman praying or perhaps about to leap into action from a crouch.

Today I looked at the wider shot (below) and thought it might be a chomping crocodile. Crouching Woman, Hidden Crocodile.


What do you see? Woman or crocodile or something else all together?

6 comments:

On December 3, 2007 at 4:00 PM Anonymous said...

A man bursting forth from the palm of God.

On December 3, 2007 at 6:43 PM KatDoc said...

I see the crocodile (or is it a 'gator?)

~Kathi

(welcome back!)

On December 3, 2007 at 8:42 PM Shelly said...

Croc, most definitely :)

On December 4, 2007 at 11:18 AM Mary said...

Definitely a crocodile from my perspective. I'm a sky gazer, too.

On December 4, 2007 at 11:52 AM Kathy said...

Crocodile or aligator...very interesting clouds!

On December 5, 2007 at 6:50 AM Jayne said...

Uh, I think the woman is swimming?


[BACK TO TOP]