Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Birding the Confluence

Wednesday, November 30, 2005
2 comments

Remember those 70's T-shirts that said "My mamaw went to Disney World and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"? Well I took my lunch at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers today at noonish and all I saw was this lousy American crow. And a couple dozen nonmigratory Canada geese. I expected a bufflehead or a pied-billed grebe, a great blue heron, or at least a mallard of questionable parentage.

There are days when the confluence has a nice mix of birds, especially in winter when the watercraft traffic is non-existent. Maybe next visit. Still no local reports of bald eagles. Guess we'll have to wait for Lake Erie to freeze before "our" birds will come south.

2 comments:

On December 5, 2005 at 1:34 PM Rondeau Ric said...

BT3
On Dec 4 we had an immature bald eagle cruise by the house a t 9.00 am.
At 4.00 pm a mature bald eagle roosted in a tree 300 feet from the window.
I think I prefer open water on Lake Erie.

Rondeau Ric

On March 6, 2007 at 10:25 PM Celia Dávila said...

Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica ,
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.ramadajaco.com/


[BACK TO TOP]