Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lucky Shot: Black-throated Green

Thursday, May 21, 2009
2 comments

While following colorful, feathered sprites around Magee Marsh last weekend, I managed to score a few lucky shots. This one I especially like. It's a male black-throated green warbler and it looks like he's singing. But if you look closely, you can see he's actually noshing on a small insect.

So there I was, having taking this warbler's picture, and I started thinking about mortality. The thought crossed my mind, as I strolled farther along the Magee boardwalk with insectivorous birds all around me, that if I were to be reincarnated as an insect or caterpillar, I REALLY hope it's not in May on the south shore of Lake Erie. That would be a very short life indeed.

2 comments:

On May 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM Dave Lewis said...

A great shot of the bird and the habitat it lives in. A bugs life is indeed a dangerous one at Magee!

On May 22, 2009 at 3:15 PM Kathiesbirds said...

I'm laughing at the thought of you getting gnoshed on by a bird!


[BACK TO TOP]