We finished with 127 species. It looks like we did not win the Big Sit category for the Great Texas Birding Classic, but we certainly are the champions in the category of Most Fun Had Inside a 17-foot Diameter Circle.
- This was my highest Big Sit total ever.
- We set a new Big Sit record (127) for the location of our Sit, the South Padre Island convention center, beating the record of 124 set by another team last year.
- I believe we saw and heard at least 300 dickcissels.
- Ben Lizdas of Eagle Optics, the team's co-sponsor, got a life bird: magnificent frigatebird.
- The tie-dyed shirts I made for the team with anis stencilled on them were a hit (team photo coming soon).
- We ate like pigs, slept barely a wink, and laughed in the face of the elements.
- Oh and we saw some totally ossum birds (more pix of them coming, too).