Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday At Last

Friday, July 27, 2007
8 comments
Nyahh, nyahh, nyahh-nyahh, nyahh. Here comes the weekend!


At last! The end of the week. This is a week that I'm happy to see go. It was one of those weeks where I just felt out of sync with the planet's rhythm. You know what I mean?

And now that it's Friday, and the weekend is drawing near, I can thumb my nose in the rear-view mirror and look forward to spending the next few days alone with Liam at the farm.

The girls are away in New England at a wedding shower, so it's a Hotdog Brothers' Reunion Party all weekend long. Lots of great activities, like watching 10 episodes of Spongebob Squarepants in a row, peeing outside, and eating entire meals devoid of a second green vegetable. We are, after all, just simple cavemen...

If the weather cooperates, I might spend tomorrow morning in the photo blind, shooting the birds that come to the bird spa. Lots of avian activity there in mid-summer.

This hummingbird (above) loves to perch in the Japanese maple in the front yard. I call him Gene Simmons. He's waving goodbye to this past week for me, with his impressive tongue. Or maybe he's saying hello to the weekend.

Either way, I hope you have a good weekend, folks, wherever you are.
Cowboy Liam, watching over his imaginary herd.

8 comments:

On July 27, 2007 at 4:06 PM Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

You too, Hotdog Brothers!

It's going to be a good one- the word verificaion is "xright"

On July 27, 2007 at 4:08 PM Mary said...

Bill, I remember the the post that Lynne referred to and I JUST... CAN'T.. WAIT to hear more cavemen stories. Have a great time with Liam while the women are gone!

On July 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM Bill of the Birds said...

I will faithfully record the weekend adventures of THB.

Oooga-ooga!

On July 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM Saul said...

It is so cool looking at your photo's of birds. I have had all kinds of crazy interactions with birds in my neighborhood and home recently - a robin's nest outside my bedroom, two swallows getting stuck in my house, discovering a couple baby woodpeckers in a tree near my home. Really Cool!
Hey you know I found your blog on the Bloggers Choice Awards where you have been nominated for the Best Photography Blog.

You can add a brag badge to your blog so that you can collect more votes. The code is on the same page that people can go to Vote For This Site!

On July 28, 2007 at 7:58 AM Jayne said...

And you guys have a great one too! Pee a blue streak and enjoy the laughs!

On July 28, 2007 at 8:21 AM Bill of the Birds said...

Saul:
Thanks for letting me know! How cool! And thanks to Monarch for the nomination.

On July 28, 2007 at 9:42 PM mon@rch said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time together while the girls and don't "their" thing!

On July 31, 2007 at 11:24 AM dguzman said...

Cowboy Liam looks right to home with that hat and his cattle.


[BACK TO TOP]