Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vulture Mystery Solved

Thursday, April 19, 2007
4 comments

While driving through a major city in the American tropics on recent afternoon, I noticed a turkey vulture standing in a puddle at the edge of the road.

"That's strange!" I thought. "I wonder why that TV is doing that?"

I looked skyward and saw another adult vulture, then several more, soaring overhead, just above the roof of a nearby store.


"Is there something dead on top of that roof? Why would those vultures be swooping so low over a store?"

Then I noticed the sign on the front of the building and all my questions about vulture behavior were answered. I always thought that vultures located their food by smell. But now I think it may be because they can READ!

4 comments:

On April 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM Anonymous said...

this is not possible, is it? How do YOU find all the scenes of the strange and impossible?

On April 19, 2007 at 6:01 PM Rondeau Ric said...

Dude, you're strange. Beautiful mind, but strange.
My kind of people.

To quote a friend of yours
Turkey Vultures Rock

On April 19, 2007 at 8:12 PM anne said...

I totally cracked up when I read this post. For some reason, it reminds me so much of the banter I remember and enjoyed when I was around you and John together. Silly, silly, silly.

On April 19, 2007 at 9:03 PM Julie Zickefoose said...

My silly valentine
Sweet, silly valentine
You make me smile when skies are gray
Your posts are laughable
Vulturaflappable...


[BACK TO TOP]