Favorite moments of the night for me:
- ending 2006 with a spirited rendition of Steely Dan's Reelin' in the Years
- having Phoebe and Liam there with us at midnight (Liam wearing his Superman costume)
- starting 2007 with a rocking version of Burnin' Down the House by the Talking Heads
- standing onstage watching 250 happy souls gyrating to the music we made
- seeing the boys in the band all duded up in our polka dot shirts and ties. We looked like we belonged onstage together--and we did!
- not play two gigs in one day with a major stage set-up in between. I was at the hotel for 26 hours straight. It's a nice place, but I felt like I should be wearing an employee name badge
- get a photo of the whole band in our outfits. I'm sad to miss that photo-op
- Start the boogie music right away. People evidently do not want to listen to any music that is not a DANCE song (either slow or fast) on NYE. In this way it's very much like playing for a wedding
I'll let the images tell most of the story from here on. . .
Guitarzan riding on the energy from his fellow Orangutangs and the audience, letting the music flow from one year into the next.
Nearly all these images were taken by our best pal Shila Wilson, photographic oracle, energy channeler, fun-seeker, soul sister.