Wednesday, September 20, 2006

BOTB's First Anniversary

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
8 comments
Today marks the one-year anniversary of the blog you are presently holding in your hands, otherwise known as Bill of the Birds.

On September 20, 2005, as a new Blogger user, I was itchy to get started. So itchy in fact that I made the rookie mistake of creating four different posts that day. One about the new blog. One about the upcoming 2005 Big Sit. One about The Swinging Orangutangs. And one about the dickcissel that Julie photographed at our bird bath. I never got to see that dickcissel, by the way--I was too busy blogging.

All veteran bloggers know that you need to pace yourself so you don't run out of things to say. One post a day is ideal, it seems. I try to keep up with that but sometimes, well, if I have nothing to say or share, BOTB is postless. Hope that's OK, too.

I want to thank you for visiting BOTB. Thanks, too, for your comments, corrections, and contributions of content, links, and photos (especially of odd signs and Giant Things). You have helped me get a feel for this blogging thing and this blog would not be the same without you.

There will be some exciting new features rolling out here at BOTB in the weeks and months to come. Trust me, you'll be the first to know.

Until then....see more birds, have more fun.

BOTB.

8 comments:

On September 20, 2006 at 12:20 PM Rondeau Ric said...

Congratulations BOTB. To many more years.

On September 20, 2006 at 7:22 PM Anonymous said...

Congrats to Bill!!

love your blog!

On September 20, 2006 at 10:07 PM Julie Zickefoose said...

Adorable pic, but I miss the mouche. The mouche is a must.
This will be the most fabbo Big Sit evah. Thanks for biting me on the neck and transmitting the blog bug...I think...You should pass on other bits of blogging wisdom gained over the past year. They're needed out there.

On September 21, 2006 at 12:29 AM BWJones said...

Thanks Bill,

I'll continue to look forward to your posts....... and more birds.

On September 21, 2006 at 10:56 AM Anonymous said...

Happy B(log) day! You are fun to read. :)

On September 21, 2006 at 11:11 AM Anonymous said...

Blogs are cool.
Blogs are fun.
BT3's blogs are for everyone!

On September 21, 2006 at 4:00 PM Bill of the Birds said...

Thanks to All!
As Stand Watie said in "The OUtlaw Josey Wales':
We shall endeavor to persevere.

On September 21, 2006 at 9:31 PM Susan said...

Happy anniversary!


[BACK TO TOP]